Community grants and support program
How to apply for a community grant
The Community Support Policy provides a consistent, accountable and transparent process to determine the nature and level of support provided to the community through:
- Community Grants;
- In kind support; and
- Planning and Building fee waivers.
For more information please see the Policy here(PDF, 4MB) or in hard copy at Council’s Customer Service Centre located at 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough.
2020-2021 Community Grants Program Open
Central Goldfields Shire welcomes you to the 2020-2021 Community Grants Program. The annual Grants program for the community is an essential program that Council delivers to assist in achieving a connected and healthy community.
The Council encourages applicants to consider the ongoing needs of our communities recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the grant programs objectives are aligned with Central Goldfields Shire Council's Council Plan 2017-2020, the program provides an opportunity for applicants to develop projects that complement the Council's vision and goals.
What community grants are?
Council has allocated $33,500 in the 2020/2021 financial year to provide assistance to community-based organisations to support the provision of programs and services which benefit the Central Goldfields Shire community.
Grants will be available for amounts above $500.
Programs that respond to the challenges imposed by the current COVID-19 pandemic conditions will be viewed favourably.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for Community Support you must be a community-based organisation.
Typically, that would be an organisation that is a recognised not-for-profit group or organisation that carries out one or more of the following activities:
- Providing services to the community such as positive ageing, childcare, health services, charity services or services of a similar type
- Reinvests or applies the revenue it receives predominately for public interest services or activities
- Principally provides social or junior sporting or recreational activities
- Supports public events or information with a historical, cultural or community arts focus.
How can you apply?
Applications may be submitted via:
- Alternatively, the application may be downloaded(PDF, 287KB) and delivered with all the supporting documentation to the Customer Service Centre at 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough or
- Mailed to PO BOX 194, Maryborough, VIC, 3465
Applications will be open on Wednesday 4 November and will close at 5pm on Wednesday 16 December 2020.
The complete guidelines for this year’s grants are available HERE(PDF, 261KB)
Please also download and refer to the tip sheet(PDF, 492KB) for assistance with filling in your application.
If you need assistance completing a budget, you can view our Budget tip sheet HERE(PDF, 216KB) and example template HERE(PDF, 155KB)
Enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0428 927 338
Following assessment of applications, those recommended for approval will be considered by Council at its December meeting.