Based at the Central Goldfields Visitor Information Centre, our Council's Tourism and Visitor Services team is responsible for:
- marketing and promotion of Maryborough and surrounds to maximise visitor yield;
- optimising the economic value and sustainability of the visitor industry to Maryborough and surrounds; and
- enhancing the experience of visitors to Maryborough and surrounds.
They also represent the interests of operators to Regional, State and National tourism bodies along with Local, State and Federal Government in the areas of:
- Destination Marketing - the promotion of the region to potential domestic and international visitors, media and trade
- Destination Development - providing advice about best business practice, as well as planning for a sustainable growth across the local tourism industry.