Central Goldfields Shire Council is inviting residents to provide feedback on the Maryborough Regional Library service. Your input will enable us to have a clear direction for the library service going forward.
Residents are encouraged to attend an upcoming community consultation session to provide feedback:
- Monday 10 December, 6pm - Talbot Community Library, Camp Street
- Tuesday 11 December, 6pm – Dunolly Library, St John’s Hall, Barkly Street
- Wednesday 12 December, 6pm – Maryborough Regional Library, corner of Nolan and Alma streets
- Thursday 13 December, 6pm – Carisbrook Primary School
An additional community consultation session for youth aged between 14 and 25 years, will be held Tuesday 18 December at 6pm at the Maryborough Regional Library.
Library users can also provide feedback via an online survey
Libraries Change Lives
The Libraries Change Lives campaign aims to promote that Victorian public libraries change lives by offering communities a place to learn, create and belong.
Victoria welcomes 2800 new residents per week. Public libraries receive over 30 million visitors annually, equivalent to five visits per Victorian, and visitation continues to outpace population growth.
Public libraries are not equipped to support the surge and will not be able to help develop healthy communities without investment in operational costs, physical and online infrastructure and specialist programs.
Head to librarieschangelives.org.au to get involved or have a chat to our Maryborough Library campaign champions, Bec or Kerry.
1000 Books before School
Sharing stories with babies and young children helps develop literacy skills that will prepare them for reading at school.
The 1000 Books Before School program is a great way to track your child's reading progress as you work towards building these important skills.
How 1000 Books Before School works
- Register at Maryborough Regional Library to receive your first Reading Record and reading kit to get you started. A library membership is required to join the program however membership is quick and free.
- Mark, colour or place a sticker on your Reading Record each time you read together with your child.
- Each time you reach a milestone in your Reading Record, bring it in to the Library for a special reward.
- Every book that your child completes, or actively listens to, counts – this includes stories read at Storytime sessions, daycare, playgroup, kindergarten, as well as the same book over and over again. You can read books from anywhere – not just library books.
- The program finishes once your child reaches 1000 books, or starts school. Congratulations!