Council Property

Central Goldfields Shire Council is responsible for the management of a range of land and buildings.

These include community halls, recreation/ sporting reserves, caravan parks and the Maryborough Aerodrome.

These properties can be either Council-owned or Crown Land.

Crown Land means it is owned by Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP), and in some cases Council is the appointed Committee of Management.

Council works to ensure the management of land and facilities meet the current and future needs of our community.

As part of this Council must ensure that all occupancies are appropriate and formalised.

In most cases an agreement with Council is required and this can be a lease, licence, management agreement, seasonal tenancy agreement or a Section 86 Committee. 

All agreements will be determined together with community groups, sporting clubs and businesses who occupy Council buildings and facilities.