The Central Goldfields Shire Supported Playgroup program is based at the Goldfields Family Centre.
Council's Supported Playgroup program is delivered by professional facilitators who organise and run the program.
The groups are funded at no or low cost to families and are suitable for families/guardians and their children from birth to five years.
Supported Playgroup offers an inclusive environment plus a structured program that aims to:
• Engage families
• Improve outcomes for children and families
• Support children and family’s play experiences
• Connect families with the community and community services, particularly related to their children’s health and development
The Supported Playgroup program offers weekly sessions during school terms. Sessions include play, snack/fruit time, as well as music and story time.
Families/guardians are asked to bring a fruit or vegie snack to share with the group.
SUPPORTED PLAYGROUP PROGRAM:
Mondays, 10 to 11am
- Laptime (for parents/carers with babies) at Maryborough Regional Library, 91 Nolan Street, Maryborough
Tuesdays, 1.15pm to 3.15pm
Tullaroop Leisure Centre, Carisbrook
Wednesdays, 9.30 to 11.30am
- Dunolly Preschool, 94 Maude Street, Dunolly
Thursdays, 9.30 to 11.30am
- Maryborough Salvation Army Complex, 27 Wills Street, Maryborough
Fridays, 10 to 12noon
- Attending the Bealiba ‘Mini Pumas’ Playgroup during term 3, 2019
Some families may also like to participate in our home visiting component.
For more information contact Council's Supported Playgroup Facilitator on 0427 702 567 or the Goldfields Family Centre on 03 5461 5047 or email.