Statutory Planning

A change to the way the land is used, and/or developed may require you to obtain planning permission. For instance before you start a new business, construct a new building, or change the way land is used, you may need to apply to Council for a planning permit. Requirements can vary considerably depending on the property and proposal and not all developments require a planning permit. It depends on the planning permit requirements contained in the Zone and any Overlays for the land.

Council’s Statutory Planning team determines planning permit and subdivision applications and provides advice on whether a permit or permits are required. To establish whether a planning permit is required or not, contact Statutory Planning or, alternatively, seek the advice of a planning consultancy or related professional.

The way land is used and developed must be consistent with the Central Goldfields Planning Scheme.

To find out the zone and any overlays to your particular site visit: Land Victoria: Planning Property Report.