2021 Australia Day celebrations
Residents are invited to join the Australia Day celebrations happening around the Shire on Tuesday 26 January.
- Talbot, 8am - Talbot Soldiers Memorial Park, Ballarat Street North
- Maryborough, 9am – Station Domain, Burns Street
- Carisbrook, 10am – Market Reserve, Green Street
- Dunolly, 10 - Gordon Gardens, Market Street
- Bealiba, 11am – Bealiba Town Hall, Main Street
Each year on Australia Day, Council presents all babies born in our Shire the year prior with a baby medallion and all children starting four-year-old kinder with a book.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to present recipients with their medallions and books at our Australia Day celebration.
However, the medallions and books will be mailed to those who register.
To register for books for four-year-old kindergarten children and baby medallions, visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/australiaday
Youth School Holiday Program
Central Goldfields Youth
Face to Face Activities:
Chill Out Space at Maryborough
Monday 11 January, 11am to 3pm
Where: Maryborough Town Hall
Makers Session: D.I.Y Lava Lamps
Thursday 14 January, 11am to 1pm
Where: Market Reserve, Carisbrook
Monday 18 January, 11am to 3pm
Where: Talbot Town Hall
Chill Out Space at Dunolly!
Thursday 21 January, 11am to 3pm
Where: Gordon Gardens, Dunolly
• Melbourne Day: Join us for a tour of Melbourne’s coolest
sights including the Melbourne Zoo, NGV and the MCG
• Makers Session: Make your own banana bread
• Upskill Session: 5 tips for a great resume
• Upskills Session: 5 tips for taking great photos
For more information contact our Youth team via email@example.com or 0418 536 517.
To register for the above events, visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/schoolholidayprogram
Central Goldfields Art Gallery
Wednesday 20 January 2021
• 10.30 to 11.30am — Little Warriors Yoga live stream
• 2.30 to 3.30pm — Dance party!
Bookings are essential.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0438 367 094.
Maryborough Regional Library
The Maryborough Regional Library is hosting weekly Science Technology Engineering Arts Mathematics (STEAM) sessions throughout January.
Sessions are recommended for children aged between eight and 14 years and are free to attend.
• Wednesday 13 January, 2.30 to 3.30pm
• Tuesday 19 January, 2.30 to 3.30pm
• Monday 25 January 2.30 to 3.30pm
Bookings are limited. Contact the Maryborough Regional Library on 5461 9111.
Have Your Say
Communications and Engagement
We’re calling for the community to provide feedback on our Draft Community Participation and Engagement Policy and Draft Communications and Engagement Strategy. Feedback closes on Friday 15 January.
Why is it important?
This is Council’s opportunity to re-assess, re-invigorate and refresh the way we engage and communicate with the community moving forward.
Where can I read the documents and provide feedback?
Online – Read the documents and provide feedback via our website www.centalgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay
In person –
• Monday 11 January, 7 to 8.30pm – Carisbrook Senior Citizens Centre, Urquhart Street
• Tuesday 12 January, 10.30am to 12.30pm – outside Talbot Post Office
• Wednesday 13 January, 7 to 8.30pm – Rene Fox Gardens, Dunolly
• Thursday 14 January, 10.30am to 12.30pm – Resource Centre, Maryborough
Email – email@example.com
Phone – Contact Council’s Community Engagement team on 0457 604 252
Supporting Positive Ageing
Community members are invited to provide input into the Central Goldfields Positive Ageing Strategy 2021-2026.
The Strategy aims to identify how Council will deliver services that support our older residents to age healthily, feel connected and enjoy an age-friendly community.
Feedback can be provided via:
Online survey – www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay
Phone interview - register for an interview by emailing your preferred date, time and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are available from 18 to 29 January, 2021
In person –
• Sunday 17 January, 9 to 11am - Talbot Farmers Market
• Monday 18 January, 10am to 4pm - door knocking Bealiba and Bet Bet
• Monday 18 January, 5 to 7pm - Food Trucks at Dunolly Town Hall
• Wednesday 27 January, 10am to 12noon - Post Office Cafe Carisbrook
• Wednesday 27 January, 1 to 3pm - Goldfields Shopping Complex, Maryborough (outside Coles/Kmart)
Feedback can also be provided via phone or email to Council’s Manager Community Services Veronica Hutcheson by phone 0407 946 465 or email VeronicaH@cgoldshire.vic.gov.au
Salon Style Exhibition opening
Central Goldfields Art Gallery’s latest exhibition, Salon Style Exhibition, opens tomorrow Saturday 9 January at 10am.
The Salon Style Exhibition celebrates the Art Gallery’s permanent collection with some artwork going on display for the first time in several years.
The Art Gallery is open Thursday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm and is located in Neill Street, Maryborough.
For more information, visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/exhibitionsandevents
Community newsletter delivered
Residents should have now received the Central Goldfields Shire – Community Update – Summer edition.
A digital version of the newsletter is available at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/summernewsletter or pick up a hard copy at Council’s Customer Service Centre, 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough.
Tenders currently available through Central Goldfields Shire Council are listed below.
Tender documents can be downloaded from e-Procure, accessible via Council's website www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/tenders
| Tender No.
||Meal Preparation Service
||Central Goldfields Art Gallery Refurbishment - Stage 1
||Carisbrook Recreation Reserve - Resurfacing and line marking to netball and tennis courts
||Carisbrook Recreation Reserve - Early Works Package
||Maryborough Skate and Scooter Park - Design and Construction
||Road Stabilisation Works - Various Roads