Council announces financial support measures
Central Goldfields Shire Council developed a financial response package to assist local businesses and the community with the impact of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
Central Goldfields Shire Chief Administrator Noel Harvey said Council was committed to doing what it can to support the local community during this unprecedented time.
“We know our local businesses and community are doing it really tough right now and it’s essential for us to do what we can to alleviate that financial pressure.
“As a Council we will continue to support our community and local businesses as much as we can – we’re hopeful that these measures will provide some immediate support to recognise this.”
The following measures will be in place until 30 September 2020 and will be reviewed again at that time:
Ratepayers experiencing financial hardship
• Suspension of all current debt recovery action
• New COVID-19 Financial Hardship Policy
• Extension of rate payments to 30 September 2020 with no interest
• Waived interest on overdue rates and waste charges from 16 March 2020
• Waived pet registration fees (pets must still be registered by 10 April 2020)
• New COVID-19 Financial Hardship Policy will also apply to businesses
• Payment of local suppliers weekly to improve business cash flow
• Waived rent for businesses occupying Council buildings and facilities
• Dedicated business contact officer within Council
• Dedicated COVID-19 business support page on Council's website with link to local employment opportunities – www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/covid-19
• Access to Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry support in partnership with Committee for Maryborough Permits
• Extension of expiry dates for septic, building and planning permits for 12 months at no cost.
• Refund of permit fees for events and business activities that have been cancelled or closed as directed by Government Community support
• Waived rent for all occupiers of Council buildings and facilities
• Waived building or planning permits fees under Council's Community Support Policy
• Additional parking enforcement around MDHS to support health workers/patients
• Dedicated COVID-19 information page on Council's website – www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/covid-19
Council will continue works as scheduled so as to maximise local business and employment opportunities Council is working to get these measures ready for implementation as soon as possible.
If residents have any enquiries, or require any further information our team will be ready to assist from this Monday, 6 April 2020.
The COVID-19 Financial Hardship Policy will also be available to view on Council’s website on Monday, 6 April 2020.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Community Information
Our priority continues to be the safety and wellbeing of our community, volunteers and staff.
We have adapted the delivery of our services to minimise the risk of infection and transmission of the virus.
For more information on these altered services please refer to our COVID-19 Coronavirus Community Information
You can also find up-to-date information on Council service changes on our website www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/covid-19 and Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Have Your Say – Draft Integrated Transport Strategy
We have partnered with the Victorian Government Department of Transport to develop an Integrated Transport Strategy.
The Strategy will identify access and transport needs across the municipality and determine issues and opportunities with various modes of transport.
Feedback is required by Friday 29 May, 2020 and is invited via:
For more information contact our Strategic Planner Amy Bell on 5461 0685 or email email@example.com
Have Your Say – Draft Community Plans
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the development of our 10 year Community Plan Project over the past six months.
So far 1,035 community voices have contributed to the project via listening posts, a survey, drop-in sessions, roving interviews, focus groups, children's drawing activities and community workshops.
The eight Draft Community Plans are now available for residents to view and provide feedback.
Feedback is required via an online survey by Wednesday 8 April, 2020.
To view the Draft Plans and complete the online survey visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Health Advice
For the latest and most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
If you cannot find the information you are looking for on this website, please email Infectious.Diseases@dhhs.vic.gov.au
As a last resort, please call the dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398.
You can also stay up-to-date with the latest COVID-19 (Coronavirus) information and advice through the Federal Government's new Coronavirus app which can be downloaded from your smart phone.
A new WhatsApp channel has also been launched to supply you with the latest information.
To access it go to www.aus.gov.au/whatsapp
Influenza vaccination information
We’re receiving lots of calls about when is the best time to get your annual influenza vaccination. To be protected for the peak flu season – which is generally from June to September – you should get your vaccination from mid-April onwards.
Pregnant women should receive the vaccine at any stage during pregnancy. We’ll communicate information about our influenza vaccination program in the coming weeks.
Weed Control Program underway
Our Noxious Weed Control Program will commence on Monday 6 April with a program of spraying across nature strips in Maryborough, Carisbrook, Talbot, Dunolly, Majorca, Timor and Bealiba.
The program will spray against the noxious weed including Caltrop (Bindii) and is expected to be complete by Friday 24 April, 2020.
Residents may see a vehicle with a spray tank and contractors with a back pack hand held spray unit and marker dye on the nature strip where spraying has taken place.
The chemicals used are safe and there is no cause for residents to be concerned.
The program is State Government funded – under the Roadside Weeds and Pests Program 2017-20, administered by
the Department of Environment Land Water and Planning. The program of spraying is being delivered as part of the Central Goldfields Shire Roadside Weed Control Plan.
Tenders currently open are listed below. Tender documents can be downloaded from eprocure, accessible via our website www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/tenders
| Tender No.
|| Deledio Recreation Reserve Pavilion Design
|| Old Dunolly Police Station Refurbishment for Library
||Design Stormwater Harvesting scheme - Readvertised