State-wide circuit breaker
Victoria moved to circuit breaker restrictions from 11.59pm last night (Thursday 27 May). These settings will remain in place until 11.59pm on Thursday 3 June.
There are five reasons to leave your home:
- Shopping for necessary goods and services – one person per household once a day
- Caregiving and compassionate reasons
- Authorised work or permitted education
- Exercise – up to two hours, with one other person or members of your household
- Receiving your vaccination
There is a 5km travel limit for shopping or exercise and you must wear a mask when not at home.
For more information about the circuit breaker restrictions visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Information about changes to Council services is available at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/servicechanges
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, you must get tested.
You can make an appointment to get tested at Maryborough District Health Service by calling the Fever Clinic on 5461 0362.
For more information around testing, including testing locations, visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/getting-tested
Did you know we have 524 kilometres of sealed (bitumen roads) in our Shire?
Sealed roads typically have a 15-year life span so, every year we allocate funding to keep them maintained. In the 2020/21 Council Budget, $614,000 was budgeted for this work.
The list of roads to be re-sealed are determined from our Asset Management System, which prioritises reseals based on the condition data we have for all local roads.
Over the past month we’ve re-sealed 42 roads totalling over 18km.
This has included sections of road at the following locations: Amherst, Archdale, Bealiba, Bet Bet, Bung Bong, Carisbrook, Dunolly, Maryborough, Moolort and Wareek.
Council Meeting outcomes
The following items were heard at this week’s (25/05) Council Meeting:
• Draft Positive Ageing Strategy endorsed for community feedback
• Central Goldfields Art Gallery project concept plans adopted
• Energy Breakthrough communications upgrade tender awarded
• Draft Revenue and Rating Plan endorsed for community feedback
For more information, visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/latestnews
Gillies Street road works
Road re-construction works on Gillies Street (between Majorca Road and Fuller Street) and Rogers Street (between Gillies Street and Railway Street) in Maryborough are ongoing.
The project includes drainage, kerb and channel works and road pavement construction.
Both sections of road will be closed to all through traffic for the duration of the works, and detours and road closures will be in place.
It is anticipated the project will be completed by the end of June (weather depending).
The project has been funded by Council and the Federal Government’s Roads to Recovery program.
Unfortunately, we need to postpone this Sunday’s Goldfields Mob Connect Community Day until NAIDOC Week (4-11 July) due to changes in COVID-19 restrictions.
We apologise and express our disappointment that we can’t hold this important event with the community at this time.
For more information, please call Kym Murphy, Manager Community Partnerships on 0448 692 408.
Feedback invited on 2021/22 Proposed Budget
The Central Goldfields Shire Council 2021/22 Proposed Budget is now available for community feedback following endorsement at the April Council Meeting (27/04).
The 2021/22 Proposed Budget is available to view at www.engage.cgoldshire.vic.gov.au with feedback invited until 5pm today, Friday 28 May.
Council has been successful in attracting in excess of $10 million in grant funding.
Together with Council funding, our Capital Works program will exceed $18 million.
A rate rise of 1.5% in line with the Victorian Government determined rate cap is also proposed as well as a 3% increase for waste charges to meet the increasing costs of managing waste.
2021/22 Budget highlights:
- Upgrades to the Maryborough Outdoor Pool - $2 million
- Energy Breakthrough infrastructure upgrades - $500,000 ($1.5 million over three years)
- Central Goldfields Art Gallery redevelopment - $1,863,000
- Construction of the Skate and Scooter Park in Maryborough - $645,000
- Upgrades to Carisbrook Recreation Reserve - $4.7 million
- Road renewal and reseals projects -$3.9 million
- New and upgraded footpaths across the Shire - $400,000
Other key projects:
- New Council Plan development
- Municipal Health and Wellbeing Plan
- Planning and design for a splash park
- Completion of a Cultural Management Plan for the Princes Park Grandstand
- Continuing the development of a Reconciliation Action Plan
- Next stage in the activation of the Maryborough Railway Station
- Development of a climate action plan
- Planning and design for new toilets in Rene Fox Gardens, Dunolly
- Development of a domestic waste water management plan for Talbot
Feedback is invited via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Council Budget, PO BOX 194, Maryborough, VIC, 3465
The Budget will go to the June Council Meeting to be considered for adoption.
2022 Centralised Kindergarten Registration
Is your child/children eligible to attend three or four-year-old kindergarten in 2022?
The Central Goldfields Shire Centralised Kindergarten Program is now open for all seven kindergartens in the Shire.
The system allows families to lodge their registration forms, including their kindergarten preferences online making it a simpler, more convenient process rather than submitting forms to each kindergarten individually.
For more information and to register www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/centralenrolment or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate payment due
Residents who pay their rates by instalment are reminded their fourth instalment is due today.
Rates can be paid via:
• Online: www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/payingyourrates
• Phone: 5461 0600
• By mail: Central Goldfields Shire Council, PO Box 194, Maryborough VIC, 3465
If you are experiencing financial hardship, please see our Financial Hardship Policy at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/financialhardshippolicy
Inkerman Street Road Closure
From Monday 31 May, Regional Roads Victoria will commence works to replace the bridge over the Tuaggra Main Drain in Inkerman Street, Maryborough.
This project involves the closure of Inkerman Street between the Alma Street intersection and the Napier Street roundabout. Detours will be in place until construction is complete in late August, weather permitting.
For more information call 133 778 or visit regionalroads.vic.gov.au and search for ‘Inkerman Street Bridge’.
Tenders currently available through Central Goldfields Shire Council are listed below.
Tender documents can be downloaded from e-Procure, accessible via Council's website www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/tenders
||Construction of Footpath, Bealiba
||Bealiba Community Hall Kitchen Upgrades
||Carisbrook Town Hall Maintenance Works
Design and Construct Shade Provision Facilities
with Central Goldfields Shire
||Maryborough Major Reserves Master Planning