Have Your Say - Proposed Budget 2020/21
Council’s Proposed Budget 2020/21 is now available for public feedback.
The Proposed Budget is available to view at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay with feedback invited until 5pm, Friday 24 July.
The main focus of the 2020/21 Proposed Budget is to implement the key objectives of the 2017-2021 Council Plan and deliver on our commitment to deliver more than 40 services to our community.
The budget includes a capital works program of $15.9 million which will provide a significant stimulus to the local economy and will be supported by grants from State and Federal Government totalling $9.487 million.
The budget includes net borrowings of $331,000 to deliver a cash balanced budget and a rate rise of 2.0% in line with the State Government determined rate cap and an increase of 6.5% for waste charges to meet the increasing costs of managing waste.
Capital Works program:
- Upgrades to the Maryborough Outdoor Pool - $2 million
- Community halls and facilities improvements - $565,000
- Upgrade to the Talbot Town Hall toilets - $225,000
- Energy Breakthrough infrastructure upgrades - $500,000 ($1.5 million over three years)
- Central Goldfields Art Gallery redevelopment - $675,000
- Construction of the Skate Park in Maryborough - $645,000 (subject to grant funding)
- Upgrades to Carisbrook Recreation Reserve - $2.3 million
- Completion of the Carisbrook Levee - $2.55 million (subject to grant funding)
- Repairs to Worsley Cottage - $150,000
Repairs to Carisbrook Scout Hall and Lions Club roof - $10,000
Carpark lighting and disability access - Maryborough Community House - $10,000
- Road renewal and reseals projects - $3 million
- New footpaths in Bealiba, Carisbrook, Talbot and Dunolly - $81,000
- Development of a Master Plan for the Maryborough Railway Station
- Development of a Climate Adaptation Plan
- Development of a masterplan for the Philips Gardens
- Development of a Reconciliation Action Plan
- Development of a Waste Water Plan for Talbot
- Footpath renewals in Maryborough - $100,000
Other key projects:
- Planning and design for a splash park
- Planning and design for a Youth Hub and Youth Strategy
- Planning and design for new toilets in Rene Fox Gardens Dunolly
- Development of a Cultural Heritage Plan for the Princes Park Grandstand
- Review of heritage controls in Maryborough
HAVE YOUR SAY
Read: Council’s Proposed Budget 2020/21 is available to view at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay
Residents requiring a hard copy con contact our Customer Service team on 5461 0610. Hard copies can also be viewed at our Customer Service Centre 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough as well as the Bealiba, Carisbrook, Dunolly and Talbot post offices and the Dunolly Rural Transaction Centre from next week.
Make a Submission: Written submissions are invited by 5pm, Friday 24 July. To make a submission:
- Post: Council Budget, PO BOX 194, Maryborough, VIC, 3465
New centralised enrolment system for kindergarten
Families looking to enrol their children in three and four-year-old kindergarten in 2021 will be able to do so through a new online central enrolment system from 1 July, 2020.
To find out more, including specific information on our seven local kindergartens and session days and times, visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/centralenrolment
COVID-19 Community Information
For detailed COVID-19 community information please visit the dedicated COVID-19 section of our website at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/covid-19
Report a Problem
Do you have something you need to let us know about? This could include dumped rubbish, pot holes, tree down, safety issue, faults etc.
If you wish to lodge a request or report a problem to us, you can do so quickly and easily via:
Phone: Call our Customer Service Team on 5461 0610
Online form: www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/reportaproblem
Funding secured for Maryborough Railway Station project
We’ve secured $50,000 in Victorian Government funding for the Maryborough Railway Station Activation project – as part of the Stronger Regional Communities Program 2019/20.
The overall vision is to see the station building become a hub of activity that nurtures local small businesses and creative enterprises while providing a welcoming entry point to visitors to our Shire.
For more information, visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/activationproject
June Council Meeting
The June Council Meeting video is available to watch at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/councilmeetings
Key outcomes of the meeting included:
- A report on the progress of the Talbot Caravan Park was considered. Council is continuing to work closely with the Talbot Football Netball Club to safeguard the future of the Talbot Caravan Park and its residents.
- Council will sign up to the Small Business Friendly Charter which will support the local business community recover from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information, visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/latestnews
Council Election – Candidate Information Session
The Victorian Local Governance Association will host two candidate information session for community members interested in running for the 2020 Council elections.
The sessions will be held at the following dates and times:
- Wednesday 12 August, 5.30 to 8.30pm
- Saturday 15 August, 2 to 4.30pm
Both sessions will be held at the Community Hub in Maryborough. To find out more and to register visit https://www.vlga.org.au/events-training/2020-candidate-training-dates
Have Your Say opportunities
We’re currently inviting community to provide feedback on the following:
- Youth Hub – closes today, Friday 26 June
- Public Road Register Policy – closes today, Friday 26 June
- Draft Recreation and Open Space Strategy – closes Monday 20 July
- Flood study amendment for Carisbrook and Dunolly – closes Thursday 23 July
- Proposed Budget - closes Friday 24 July
To find out more and to provide feedback on these items visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay
We are recruiting for:
- Senior Project Officer
- Project Officer
For more information, including how to apply, visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/currentvacancies
Working for Victoria
We’re encouraging locals to apply for 39 new jobs as part of the Victorian Government’s Working for Victoria fund.
If you recently lost your job or were looking for work before the pandemic, we encourage you to apply for one of the 39, six month contract, part-time positions.
The positions include:
- Community Services Food Preparation Assistant
- Community Services Food Delivery Worker
- Cleaner and Sanitation Worker
- Building Parks and Gardens Worker
- Community Development Officer
- Pandemic Recovery Community Development Officer
- Reconciliation Officer
- Pandemic Project Support Officer
- Pandemic Recovery Social Planner
- Youth Engagement Officer
- Economic Recovery Coordinator
- 'Support Local’ Campaigns Officer
- Business Continuity & Risk Advisor
- Human Resources Advisor
- Business Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Communications Officer
To find out more about the Working for Victoria initiative and to register visit www.vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria
Public Notice of proposed intention to sell
Council gives notice of its proposal to sell Council owned land located at 17 Majorca Road and 40 Gillies Road, Maryborough and being part of the land comprised in Certificates of Title, Volume 6308 and Folio 405, Volume 3051 Folio 185 and Volume 11385 Folio 858.
This proposal is made under Section 189 of the Local Government Act 1989 (the Act).
A plan identifying the land proposed to be sold can be viewed on Council’s website www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/majorcaroad or during normal business hours at Council’s Customer Service Centre, 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough.
Any person has a right to make a submission to Council on the proposed sale of the land in accordance with Section 223 of the Act.
Written submissions to Council under Section 223 of the Act must be received by 5pm on Friday 24 July 2020 and should preferably be emailed to email@example.com, addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Central Goldfields Shire Council must be clearly marked “Submission – Maryborough Proposed land sale”.
Alternatively submissions can be delivered or posted to 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough VIC 3465.
Submissions will be considered at the Hearing Meeting of Council on Tuesday 11 August 2020 beginning at 5.30pm via Zoom or at 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough subject to COVID-19 restrictions. Council will consider whether or not to commence the processes to sell the land in the future.
Submissions form part of the public record of the meeting (including any personal information you provide) and may be appended to any future Council report, which are then published on Council’s website. A hard copy will also be made available for inspection by members of the public at Council offices.
For more information contact Kristie Berry, Property & Risk Officer on 5461 0636.
Tenders currently open are listed below. Tender documents can be downloaded from eprocure, accessible via our website www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/tenders
| Tender No.
Supply and delivery multi purposes
and maintenance road truck
||Annual supply of plant and equipment