Upcoming Festive Season
Our Customer Service Centre will close at 12.30pm on Christmas Eve, Thursday 24 December and will re-open at 9am on Monday 4 January, 2021.
Our after hours service will operate as normal. Urgent after hours issues that relate to Council infrastructure can be reported on 0419 005 577. After hours issues in regards to urgent animal control can be reported on 0407 508 448.
For a full list of service changes and facility closures during the holiday period visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/christmasclosures or see the Tuesday 22 December edition of The Maryborough District Advertiser.
Dine Out Goldfields
Our third and final ‘Dine Out Goldfields’ event will be held tomorrow, Saturday 19 December from 5 to 9pm in the Maryborough CBD.
The event will include popup dining areas, entertainment and a popup market. Santa will also make a special guest appearance.
The event series aims to support the local business community and encourage the community to get out and celebrate the festive season.
The initiative is funded by the State Government’s Local Councils Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package and supports the work of the JumpStart High Street program.
For more information visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/dineoutgoldfields
Thousand Bauble Project results
Results from our Thousand Bauble Project have been announced and are available at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/latestnews
The project, delivered in partnership with the Maryborough Police Station, involved young people decorating Christmas baubles to be displayed on Christmas trees throughout the Shire.
Annual Report 2019-2020 now available
At the December Council Meeting this week (15/12) Council received our Annual Report 2019-2020.
The document not only provides detailed financial and performance information but also a snapshot of Council’s achievements and highlights.
To read the document visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/annualreport
Council Meeting video
A video of this week’s (15/12) Council Meeting is now available at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/councilmeetings
2021 EB dates confirmed
The Maryborough Energy Breakthrough is set to be back bigger and better next year with 17 to 21 November, 2021 locked in for the annual event.
For more information, visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/latestnews
Have Your Say
We want to hear from you
We’re calling for the community to provide feedback on our Draft Community Participation and Engagement Policy and Draft Communications and Engagement Strategy.
Why is it important?
This is Council’s opportunity to re-assess, re-invigorate and refresh the way we engage and communicate with the community moving forward.
What is the Draft Community Participation and Engagement Policy?
- Council’s commitment to listening to and understanding our community’s aspirations values and needs to improve Council’s planning and delivery of services.
- It aims to further strengthen the community engagement activities that have been undertaken in previous years
- It provides guidance and support to Councillors and Council staff in the performance of their duties in accordance of the Local Government Act 2020.
What is the Draft Communications and Engagement Strategy?
- It supports the Council Plan and details the actions Council will undertake to deliver on the Draft Community Participation and Engagement Policy.
- It provides a guided approach to delivering effective inclusive communication to residents and stakeholders.
- It features a clear action plan so Council can continually improve communication and engagement methods into the future.
Where can I read the documents and provide feedback?
- Online – Read the documents and provide feedback via our website www.centalgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay
- Social media – Participate in an online poll via our Facebook page
- In person – Monday 21 December, 10.30am to 12.30pm.
- Resource Centre, Maryborough. More opportunities to be communicated shortly.
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – Contact Council’s Community Engagement team on 0457 604 252
Supporting Positive Ageing
Community members are invited to provide input into the Central Goldfields Positive Ageing Strategy 2021-2026, which aims to identify how Council will deliver services that support our older residents to age healthily, feel connected and enjoy an age-friendly community.
Feedback can be provided via:
- Complete a survey – www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay
- Participate in a phone interview - register for an interview by emailing your preferred date, time and contact details to email@example.com Interviews are available from 18 to 29 January, 2021
- In person by attending a community pop-up session - visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay to find locations, dates and times in your township
Feedback can also be provided via phone or email to Council’s Manager Community Services Veronica Hutcheson by phone 0407 946 465 or email VeronicaH@cgoldshire.vic.gov.au
COVID Youth Survey
Survey closes Monday 4 January. Participants will go in the draw to win one of five $25 vouchers. Building Our Community Together Survey
Survey closes Monday 4 January. Participants will go in the draw to win one of three $50 vouchers.
For more information and to complete the above surveys visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay
Tenders currently available through Central Goldfields Shire Council are listed below.
Tender documents can be downloaded from e-Procure, accessible via Council's website www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/tenders
| Tender No.
||Bituminous Spray Sealing Panel
||Meal Preparation Service
||Central Goldfields Art Gallery Refurbishment - Stage 1
||Carisbrook Recreation Reserve - Resurfacing and line marking to netball and tennis courts
||Carisbrook Recreation Reserve - Early Works Package
|| Maryborough Skate & Scooter Park - Design and Construction