Friday 16 November Council News
NOVEMBER COUNCIL MEETING
The next Ordinary Meeting of Council will be held on Tuesday 23 October, 2018 at 6pm in the Community Hub, 48 Burns Street, Maryborough.
The public is welcome to attend and the Agenda will be available at www.centralgoldfields.com.au, or from Council’s Customer Service Centre, on Friday 23 November.
NOVEMBER LISTENING POSTS
Central Goldfields Shire Administrators will host their next round of listening posts next week.
Central Goldfields Shire Administrators Noel Harvey, Karen Douglas and Hugh Delahunty will visit townships across the municipality to meet and chat with residents.
Residents are encouraged to attend any of the following listening posts sessions:
Tuesday 20 November
- Daisy Hill – 9.30 to 10am – Community Hall/Centre
- Talbot – 10.15 to 11.15am – Community Garden next to the Talbot Provedore
- Majorca – 11.30 to 12noon – Majorca Hall
- Timor – 1.30 to 2pm – Timor Hall
- Dunolly – 2.15 to 3.15pm – Gordon Gardens,
- Moliagul – 3.30 to 4pm – Public Reserve area, 1434 Dunolly-Moliagul Road
- Maryborough – 5.30 to 6.30pm – Resource Centre
Wednesday 21 November
- Carisbrook – 9.30 to 10.30am – Carisbrook Post Office/Café
HAVE YOUR SAY
Central Goldfields Shire Council is inviting residents to have their say on the Gordon Gardens in Dunolly.
Your input will help inform an updated Master Plan for the precinct, which will outline areas of future development.
Bordered by Market, Thompson, Bull and Barkly streets, the Gordon Gardens features a number of existing building and community facilities.
Residents are invited to a drop-in community information session on Monday 3 December from 6 to 8pm to chat to Council Administrators and staff and provide feedback into what they’d like to see retained and developed in the future.
Residents can also provide feedback via an online survey. Visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au for more information or visit the Central Goldfields Shire Council Facebook page.
NOMINATE NOW FOR 2019 AUSTRALIA DAY AWARDS
Do you know a community minded citizen, a special young person or a community activity you would like to see officially recognised for making a positive contribution to the Central Goldfields Shire community?
Nominations are now open for the 2019 Central Goldfields Shire Australia Day Awards. Awards will be presented across three categories: Citizen of the Year; Young Citizen of the Year; and Community Activity of the Year.
Nominations close at 5pm, Monday 3 December, 2018 and nomination forms are available online at www.centralgoldfields.com.au or in person from Council’s Customer Service Centre, 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough.
Council is currently recruiting for:
- Manager Community Engagement (fixed-term position)
- Coordinator Statutory Planning
- Team Leader Customer Service
- Manager Community Services
- Go Goldfields Facilitator – Work Readiness
For more information and to apply visit www.centralgoldfieldscareers.com.au
Fire restrictions in the Central Goldfields Shire commenced on Monday 12 November, 2018.
Residents are no longer able to burn off and some activities will require a permit.
For more information about fire restrictions, visit www.cfa.vic.gov.au
ARE YOU FIRE READY?
If you haven’t already prepared your property for the upcoming fire season now is the time.
No matter where you live in Central Goldfields Shire – whether you’re in a town or on a farm – your property is likely to be at high to extreme bush or grass fire risk.
Right now, forecasts show that there is potential for an earlier and longer fire season in Victoria.
Now is the time to increase your understanding of the fire risk where you live, prepare your property, and talk to your loved ones about what you’ll do to stay safe from fire.
Residents should also prepare their properties by:
- Clearing undergrowth and fallen branches
- Moving firewood away from the house
- Cleaning leaves from gutters
- Ensuring that grass is cut
For more information on how to get prepared for summer, go to www.emergency.vic.gov.au
BLUE GREEN ALGAE DETECTED IN LAKE VICTORIA
Central Highlands Water has detected a presence of Blue Green Algae in Lake Victoria, Maryborough.
Warning signs have been erected and water quality will continue to be monitored. Residents should avoid making contact with the water and pet owners are advised to not let their animals drink or swim in the water.
For more information about Blue Green Algae and safety information visit the Better Health website: www2.health.vic.gov.au
2018 ENERGY BREAKTHROUGH
The 2018 Energy Breakthrough event will be held in Maryborough next week from Thursday 22 November to Sunday 25 November.
In order for the event to take place the following street closures will be in place:
- Burns Street - between Christian Street and Lake Road and Lake Road and Holyrood Street from 8.30am on Wednesday 21 November to 4pm on Sunday 25 November. Local residents and Dellavedova Fertiliser customers only.
- Napier Street and Lake Road - from T-intersection of Napier Street and Christian Street from 8.30am on Wednesday 21 November to 4pm on Sunday 25 November
- Park Road – between Holyrood Street and Nightingale Street from 8.30am on Wednesday 21 November to 4pm on Sunday 25 November.
- Holyrood Street – between Park Road and Burns Street from 8.30am on Wednesday 21 November to 8.30am on 25 Sunday November
- Christian Street - between Burns Street and Napier Street from 8.30am on Thursday 22 November to 4pm on 25 Sunday November.
PHILLIPS GARDENS PUBLIC TOILET RENOVATION
Renovation works at the public toilets in Phillips Gardens will be finished this week. The facility will re-open to the public today (Friday 16 November).
PYRENEES HWY AND GORDON RD INTERSECTION UPGRADE
As part of the 2018/2019 Central Goldfields Shire Council Budget, funds have been allocated to upgrade the Pyrenees Highway/Gordon Road intersection.
As part of the project, the intersection will be realigned to a T-intersection to ensure safety when entering and exiting the Pyrenees Highway.
Works are underway with the project expected to take approximately four weeks to complete.
The Gordon Road intersection will be closed for most of the duration of the works. Limited access may be available at times when indicated by the traffic signage on site. It is strongly suggested that alternate routes be taken in the first instance, or the signed detour route be followed.
Council appreciates your patience as we deliver these major improvement works.
For more information contact Council’s Works and Construction Supervisor Trevor Young on 5461 0610.
Applications are now open for the 2019 LEAD Loddon Murray Leading Excellence Maryborough Program.
For more information and to apply, visit www.leadlm.org.au
Tenders currently available through Central Goldfields Shire Council are listed below. Tender documents can be downloaded from Tendersearch, accessible via Council’s website www.centralgoldfields.com.au (see under tenders and procurement)
Carisbrook Recreation Reserve Pavilion Design
Weed, Pest Control and Environmental Services
Market Reserve Carisbrook - Playground Equipment