Noel Harvey 7 April 2020
Published on 07 April 2020
Last week, Council unveiled a financial response package to assist local businesses and the community with the impact of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
We know our local businesses and community are doing it really tough right now and it’s essential for us to do what we can to alleviate that financial pressure.
Some of our community support methods, for those experiencing financial hardship, include:
- Suspension of all current debt recovery action
- Extension of rate payments to 30 September 2020 with no interest
- Waived interest on overdue rates and waste charges from 16 March, 2020
- Waived pet registration fees (pets must still be registered by 10 April, 2020)
We are also supporting our local businesses by:
- Payment of local suppliers weekly to improve business cash flow
- Waived rent for businesses occupying Council buildings and facilities
- Extension of expiry dates for septic, building and planning permits for 12 months at no cost
A copy of Council’s Financial Hardship Policy, the Application Form and a Frequently Asked Questions resource is available at wwww.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/financialresponsepackage
In some more positive news, the Central Goldfields Art Gallery – currently closed to the public - has launched their Positivity Through Creativity online exhibition at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/exhibitionsandevents and their Facebook page.
The exhibition showcases the works of our local talented artists who have sent in photos of their pieces to the gallery.
For a chance for your work to be shown on the gallery’s online platforms, send a photo (no more than 2MB) of your recent artwork to email@example.com
I look forward to seeing some amazing work!