Noel Harvey 30 June 2020
Published on 30 June 2020
At last week’s Council Meeting, we endorsed the 2020/21 Proposed Budget.
As far as budgets go, it is really exciting as we have some great projects and initiatives planned – with some being driven by the community which is fantastic to see.
The Proposed Budget is open for feedback and I encourage everyone to look at the document and let us know your thoughts.
It can be viewed online at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay or hard copies are available at Council’s Customer Service Centre at 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough.
Written submissions are invited until 5pm, Friday 24 July which can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to PO Box 193, Maryborough, VIC, 3465 titled ‘Council Budget’.
If you lodge a written submission, you have the option to present it to myself and my fellow Administrators – Karen Douglas and Hugh Delahunty – at a Submissions Hearing to be held at 5.30pm, Tuesday 4 August.
In this Proposed Budget, we have some important capital works projects planned including:
- $2 million to the Maryborough Outdoor Pool
- $565,000 to community halls and facilities improvements
- $1.5 million over three year to improve Energy Breakthrough infrastructure upgrades
- $645 to construct the Maryborough Skate and Scooter Park
- $2.55 million to complete the Carisbrook Flood Levee
- $3 million for road renewal and reseals projects
- A combined total of $181,000 to replace and renew footpaths in Bealiba, Carisbrook, Talbot, Dunolly and Maryborough
Some of our other highlights include planning and design for a splash park and development of a Waste Water Plan for Talbot.
This is just a quick snapshot of what our Proposed Budget holds so I do encourage everyone to take a look at the document and let us know your thoughts.
Any questions or queries, please call Council’s Customer Service Centre on 5461 0610.