Flood recovery and support services

Published on 02 November 2022

215728 CGSC Website Image - Flood Recovery and Support (without Logo).jpg

Recovery and support services

This page aims to provide information and support Central Goldfields Shire residents who have been impacted by the recent flood event.

If you have been impacted, and this page doesn't have the information you are seeking, or you would prefer to talk to someone by phone please call Council's Municipal Recovery Manager on 0447 863 619 



The Maryborough Recovery Centre, located at Council's Customer Service Centre has been established for residents who have been displaced following the flood event. 
Its purpose is to provide information as well as support to residents who wish to apply for financial hardship grants. 


Council's Customer Service Centre is located at 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough. 



Visit the Better Health Channel website for detailed information on flood recovery on its website including:

  • Safety suggestions immediately after a flood
  • How to clean up after a flood 
  • Returning home safely


Emergency relief payments 

You can register your details and also check your eligibility and apply for financial hardship grants online by visiting https://emergencypayments.dffh.vic.gov.au


You can also access a copy of the fact sheet and how to apply documents here: 

Financial support for flood-affected farmers

A support package is available for flood-affected farmers:

  • Primary Producer Clean-Up Relief Grants: $10,000 grants to cover the cost of the clean-up and get businesses up and running again
  • Primary Producer Concessional Loans: Up to $250,000 to restore or replace damaged equipment and infrastructure, or to cover the short-term business expenses.
  • Primary Producer Transport Subsidies: Up to $15,000 to support the transport of emergency fodder or stock drinking water, and the movement of livestock.

For more information and to apply, visit Rural Finance


Rural Aid Support 

Rural Aid is here to help farmers throughout the year and this includes in times of national, state or local storms and disasters.

Rural Aid can provide support with confidential counselling, fodder, domestic water, financial assistance and also by providing access to volunteers through The Farm Army    Register online at www.ruralaid.org.au or call 1300327624

Sporting Clubs  

The Community Sport Emergency Flood Assistance Program is now open. $5,000 grants are available for flood affected clubs & active recreation organisations.

For more info or to apply visit > https://go.vic.gov.au/SiSjCJ

Small Businesses 

The Small Business Immediate Flood Relief Program is now open.
Businesses directly affected by the recent Victorian floods can access immediate support and advice and may be eligible for a $5,000 grant.

For more information and to apply: business.vic.gov.au/floodrelief



Residents who have been directly impacted by the flood can access a hardwaste collection and/or tip vouchers. 
To arrange a hardwaste collection you will need to be registered with Council’s Recovery team.
Please contact Council’s Customer Service team on 5461 0610 or visit them in person at 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough - during business hours.


Cleaning up after floods and asbestos 

Fact Sheet - Asbestos Fact Sheet - October 2022(PDF, 1MB)

Fact Sheet - WorkSafe Asbestos in flood damaged homes and buildings(PDF, 1MB)

Further information about how to remove and dispose of asbestos from the home can be found at epa.vic.gov.au

Information about recovery support available for people and communities affected by the October 2022 Victorian floods can be found at October 2022 flood recovery support (www.vic.gov.au)




Want to support those impacted by the recent flooding events? GIVIT is helping manage donations of goods, services and funds for community recovery across the State. You can help by:

1. FUND an essential item or service. All items and services listed on their website have been requested by a charity or community group on the ground. Give here: http://givit.org.au/storms-and-flooding...
You can also donate funds to the VIC Flood Appeal. 100% of publicly donated funds received by GIVIT for this appeal will be used to purchase what's needed by people impacted by floods that we receive goes to cause.

2. If you're organising item donations, you can offer them to their online warehouse where charities and orgs on the ground can will reserve for people impacted. givit.org.au/donate-items

3. Donate your time at givit.org.au/donate-time

And remember, please don't drop donations to flood affected areas as well-meaning physical donations dropped into disaster areas typically become debris.

Local community support organisations can register with GIVIT by going to https://www.givit.org.au/need-help/organisations and clicking on the ‘Can’t find my organisation’ button.


The recent flood has affected us all in different ways. It’s always a good idea to connect to someone.

Even if you don’t use the service immediately you will be prepared for when you or someone you know might need it.

Download a copy of the VCC Emergency Ministries Personal Support Including First Aid here.(PDF, 235KB)

Other services are listed below: 

  • Nurse on Call: 24hr caring and professional health advice 1300 60 60 24.
  • National Relay Service: Assistance making a phone call if you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impediment. Speak and listen number: 1300 555 727. Teletypewriter number: 133 677. SMS relay number: 0423 677 767.
  • Translation and Interpreter Services: Provides access to phone and on-site interpreting services in over 150 languages. Requests must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance. www.tisnational.gov.au
  • Lifeline: 24hr crisis support and suicide prevention services, 13 11 14 or lifeline.org.au
  • Beyond Blue: Information and support for anxiety and/or depression, 1300 224 636 or beyondblue.com.au
  • Kids Help Line: 24hr phone and online counselling service for people aged 5-25, 1800 551 800 or kidshelpline.com.au


Rural Aid is here to help farmers throughout the year and this includes in times of national, state or local storms and disasters.

Rural Aid can provide support with confidential counselling, fodder, domestic water, financial assistance and also by providing access to volunteers through The Farm Army    Register online at www.ruralaid.org.au or call 1300327624


Rural Aid

Registered farmers can access the Rural Aid counselling intake line - 1300 175 594. This phone line is staffed by a Rural Aid counsellor between 9am and 5pm AEST, Monday to Friday.  Farmers can call to have a chat and the team will work to connect them with an appropriate team member to assist them. For more information visit www.ruralaid.org.au 



Download a copy of the Where to get information in an emergency flier(PDF, 52KB) here. 

In an emergency: 

Triple Zero: Dial 000 for life threatening medical and emergency assistance.

SES: Dial Triple Zero (000) or call 132 500 from anywhere in Victoria in a flood, storm, landslide, tsunami or earthquake emergency. For information go to:  Home | Victoria State Emergency Service (ses.vic.gov.au)

CFA: In an emergency dial triple zero (000) immediately. For further information outside of an emergency situation ring the Vic Emergency Hotline on 1800 226 226 or visit  Welcome to CFA | CFA (Country Fire Authority)

Police: Only in an emergency dial 000.


■ Victoria Emergency App: Incidents and Warnings - VicEmergency downloadable on to your phone, Vic Emergency app provides real-time emergency information and warnings. The app includes warnings and incident notifications for fire, flood, storm, earthquake, tsunami, weather warnings, shark sightings, beach closures and more.

■ Radio: ABC local radio 774 AM and 91.9 FM, KLFM 96.5 FM and 106.3 FM, and ABC Emergency

■ Bureau of Meteorology: Weather forecasts, warnings, and rain radar at Australia's official weather forecasts & weather radar - Bureau of Meteorology (bom.gov.au) or 1300 659 219

■ North Central CMA Flood Eye: Free online flood information for your property.  Flood Eye | North Central Catchment Management Authority (nccma.vic.gov.au)

■ VicRoads: Road closures and traffic hazards dial 13 11 70 or  VicRoads - VicTraffic



Australian Red Cross tools for emergency preparedness, including phone app, are found at Emergency preparedness guide | Australian Red Cross

The State Emergency Services guide for home and business flood and storm preparedness is found at  Home | Victoria State Emergency Service (ses.vic.gov.au)

The CFA have information on how you can plan and prepare for fire by visiting  Plan & Prepare | CFA (Country Fire Authority)


More information: 

For information about preparing for flood CLICK HERE

For information about current road closures CLICK HERE


Tagged as: