Feedback for 2019-2020 Proposed Budget invited
Published on 06 May 2019
Central Goldfields Shire Council endorsed the 2019-2020 Proposed Budget at the Tuesday 23 April Ordinary Council Meeting.
The Proposed Budget is now on display and open for feedback from residents.
The Proposed Budget delivers a surplus and reflects the Council Plan which sets the strategic direction for Council and reflects our vision to be a vibrant, thriving and inclusive community.
A key focus of the Proposed Budget is infrastructure with Council investing $10.29 million into local roads, Maryborough Sports and Leisure Centre, Gordon Gardens Masterplan, community buildings such as Carisbrook and Talbot town halls, sustainability and waste.
Some of the highlights from the Proposed Budget include:
- Community plans for eight towns across the Shire - $120,000
- Significant funding to roads funded through Regional Roads Victoria and Roads to Recovery - $2.74 million
- Carisbrook levee works - $900,000
- Energy saving programs for buildings - $222,000, 50% grant funded
- Waste projects at transfer stations including monitoring systems at old landfill sites and bin roofs - $180,000
- Support for the Australian National Pipe Band Championships - $10,000
The Proposed Budget is available at www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay or at Council’s Customer Service Centre at 22 Nolan Street, Maryborough.
Central Goldfields Shire Administrator Karen Douglas said the 2019-2020 Proposed Budget aims to have the best outcomes for the local community for the long term.
“Our Budget invests into our community infrastructure and is complemented by strategic planning that will guide Central Goldfields Shire’s economic, tourism and recreation needs into the future.”
Written submissions regarding the Proposed Budget are invited and should be submitted to Council by close of business at 5pm on Wednesday 29 May 2019.
There is an opportunity for submissions to be heard at a special hearing at 5.30pm on Tuesday 11 June 2019 at the Community Hub, Burns Street, Maryborough.
For more information about the 2019-2020 Proposed Budget or the submission hearing, contact Council's Customer Service Centre on 5461 0610.