Events are back on the agenda in the Central Goldfields
Published on 18 November 2021
There’s a sense of optimism across the Central Goldfields community with a jam-packed summer of events to look forward to.
Whilst our biggest annual event, the Energy Breakthrough, won’t be held this weekend due to the pandemic, work continues behind the scenes in readiness for its 30 plus years anniversary event in November, 2022.
Ongoing site upgrades and improvements to the Princes Park precinct are underway, with site-wide event Wi-Fi planned to be installed and available early next year. This is in addition to an increase in drinking water access, additional permanent lighting and electricity points, the installation of CCTV and a state-of-the-art PA system - funded through the Victorian Government’s Building Works Package.
These additions will encourage locals and visitors to use the area year-round, attract further economic investment to the region and will be completed in time to welcome 20,000 plus visitors back to Maryborough next November.
Meanwhile a sense of normal is returning for local community organisations and businesses as a growing number of events are planned for the 2021/22 summer season.
Central Goldfields Shire Mayor Cr Chris Meddows-Taylor said it was wonderful to see events back on the agenda.
“Whilst it’s disappointing the Energy Breakthrough won’t be held this year, our community can be rest assured there is so much happening behind the scenes to ensure next year’s 30th anniversary event is the biggest one yet.
“The last 18 months or so have been incredibly difficult for so many in our community, in many different ways. One thing people have really missed is social connection– and the way events form a large part of our lives – we look forward to them and they provide an opportunity for friends and family to get together and have some fun.
“For our business community this is an opportunity for them to look to the future and work towards economic recovery. Similarly for our community organisations – events form such a huge part of what they do - bringing people and communities together for social connectiveness.
“I encourage our community to come together and support these events – get your friends and family together – have some fun and support our wonderful community groups and businesses at the same time.”
- ‘The Ghosts That Never Left’ exhibition at Possum Gully Fine Art Gallery – throughout November
- ‘Contemporary Landscape’ exhibition at Factory 2 Art Gallery– to December 3
- Central Goldfields Art Gallery’s Community Art Exhibition at the Visitor Information Centre - to 5 December
- Return of the Talbot Farmer’s Market and Talbot Town Hall Market – Sunday 21 November
- Carisbrook Town Hall Market - Sunday 28 November
- SOS ABBA Tribute Show at the Maryborough Highland Society – Friday 26 November
- Light Up Talbot – Friday 3 December
- Dunolly Unlocked – Saturday 4 December
- Back to the 70’s & 80’s, Music & Dinner Show at Maryborough Highland Society - Saturday 11 December
- Paranormal Adventures Ghost Tour & Dinner at Railway Station & Tracks Bar, Friday 17 December
- Christmas Carols at Princes Park – Sunday 19 December
- New Year’s Eve at Station Domain – Friday 31 December
- Open air Circus workshop and performance at Station Domain – 6 to 8 January
- Pop Up Cinema at Princes Park – 13 to 16 January
- Australia Day event at Station Domain – Wednesday 26 January
- Paranormal Adventures Ghost Tour & Dinner at the Railway Station & Tracks Bar – Friday 28 January
- Chopped at Carisbrook Harness Racing Club – 11 to 13 February
- Paranormal Adventures Ghost Tour & Dinner at Railway Station & Tracks Bar-11,18 & 19 February
- Messy Play Day at Station Domain – 19 February
- Maryborough Festival at Phillips Gardens – Saturday 19 March
For a full calendar of events, with additional information please visit www.visitmaryborough.com.au
Promoting your event:
Community members wishing to promote their event are encouraged to contact our Central Goldfields Visitor Information team to have their event listed in their social media promotions. Call 1800 356 511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning an event?
If you are planning an event in the Central Goldfields Shire and require event permits or guidance please contact Council’s Events Volunteer Development Officer Alisha Chadwick on 5461 0637 or email email@example.com or visit www.centralgoldfields.vic.gov.au/planninganevent