EOIs wanted for new Tree Advisory Committee
Published on 18 June 2019
We are seeking to form a single Public Places Tree Advisory Committee that covers all locations of the Shire and welcomes applications from community members from all areas.
The Public Places Tree Advisory committees will provide invaluable assistance in understanding and determining programs and strategies for our places and spaces.
Key objectives of the Committee are;
- To assist in formulating greening strategies and enhancements to our open spaces
- To review and provide input into the “Street Tree” Strategy and annual planting program
- To understand the Community needs and act as a conduit between Council and the Community
- To associate with and consult with community groups in relation to open space
- To assist Council in identifying opportunities to work in partnership with other authorities and community groups to achieve high quality open spaces and places through planting programs
- To understand and further our relationship with the Dja Dja Wurrung as the traditional custodians of this Country and use their unique relationship and skills in managing this Country
- To identify the role public place planting has in responding to climate change.
The Public Places Tree Advisory Committee will meet quarterly.
Applications close 12 July, 2019.
Please apply via mail to;
The Secretary Council PPTAC PO BOX 194 MARYBOROUGH VIC 3465
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: The Secretary Council PPTAC