General information


Sport and Recreation Activities

Please see the links below for the latest update from Sport and Recreation Victoria with regards to Return to Play within current health rules. 

Youth Affairs Council Victoria youth survey

The Youth Affairs Council Victoria (YACVic) is running a COVID-19 survey for young people and workers and organisations who support young people.

COVID-19 is disrupting all of our lives at the moment and YACVic is keen to support our young people and those who work with young people in the best way possible.

For young people – if you’ve had studies disrupted, struggling to socially distance in a share house or if you’re just trying to get by you can share your experience at the YACVic website.

For workers and organisations who support young people, YACVic would like to know if your service has closed, if you’re having trouble staying connected with clients or if you have adopted technology in service delivery.

To leave your story via a survey, visit

There is also information on upcoming webinars on leadership and child safety during COVID-19.

Transfer Station and kerbside collection COVID-19 information

Our Transfer Stations and kerbside bin collection are continuing as normal.

For further information from the Grampians Central West Waste & Resource Recovery Group about Transfer Stations and kerbside collections, please download a fact sheet here(PDF, 137KB).

Emergency Relief Hampers

Victorians self-isolating due to the COVID-19 with no access to food and essential supplies will receive emergency relief packages under a State Government program.

This is a last resort for people in mandatory self-isolation, who have little or no food, and no network of family and friends to support them. Each household that meets the criteria will receive a two week supply of essential goods.

It can be accessed by calling Victoria's dedicated coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398. This service is being provided by Red Cross in partnership with Foodbank Victoria under the direction of the State Relief Coordinator.

Uniting Care Emergency Relief are assisting families in need of food and toiletries - 03 5443 4972

Salvation Army are assisting families in need of food - 5440 8410. 

Meals on Wheels

 Meals on Wheels can assist you with access to regular food supplies and prepared meals. If you are in urgent need of support, the My Aged Care contact centre can refer you directly to these services in your local area. Services can be set up quickly for up to 6 weeks without the need for an assessment. You can also arrange this directly with your provider if you prefer.

If you are an older Australian in crisis, uncomfortable with, or unable to access the internet to order groceries, and your support networks are unavailable, the My Aged Care contact centre can help.

To meet immediate needs, people in crisis who are isolated, have no other supports, and are in crisis, will be able to receive assisted access to basic food and groceries. The contact centre will also connect you a service provider to ensure you have the ongoing support you need. You can call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 .

Firewood collection

The Chief Health Officer has issued directions that require all Victorians to stay at home for other than prescribed reasons to help slow the spread of COVID-19. It is recognised, however, that some people may need to collect firewood as an essential supply depending on their circumstances.

You can download the Firewood Collection permit here

Woolworths Basics Box

 To help the most vulnerable in our community, Australia Post has partnered with Woolworths to deliver the ‘Woolworths Basics Box’ across Australia. Each box contains meals, snacks and essential items for those in genuine need and will give them a helping hand in these difficult times. Visit for more information.

Pharmacy Home Delivery Service

Australia Post has launched a home delivery service to support vulnerable members of the community and those in self isolation, so they can have ongoing accsess to essential medications. Pharmacies can offer free delivery on prescriptions to their customers so speak to your pharmacy to see if you or a family member qualifies for this service.

Having trouble paying your energy bill due to COVID-19?

The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) has set reasonable expectations of energy companies to protect householders and small business customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.

 For suggestions how to save energy while living and working from home during this period visit the AER website

The Essential Services Commission also has relevant information about the obligations for energy suppliers, noting: 

“We have reminded them of their obligations to help customers who are having trouble paying their bills. Ensuring those sectors can cope with an expected increase in the number of households and small businesses who need help with their bills is an immediate focus for us.”

More information can be found at:

If you are experiencing difficulty paying your energy bills at this time please contact your energy provider.

Utility Providers assistance

Coliban Water

1800 244 323

Central Highland Water

1800 061 514


13 22 00


1800 120 698


1300 907 283

Energy Australia        

133 466


131 245

Origin Energy             

13 24 61

Red Energy                 

131 806 

Lumo Energy              

1300 660 293

Simply Energy            

13 88 08

Tas Gas                      

1800 750 750