For the latest and most up-to-date information about Government restrictions visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Preparing to stay at home with COVID-19
As we adjust to living safely with COVID-19, you and your family may need to isolate at some time. Here are a few tips to ensure you are prepared:
- Talk to family, friends and neighbours about how you can support each other if one household has to isolate
- Make sure you have a few days' supply of essential foods and items such as painkillers, tissues, prescription medicines and nappies
- Plan for how you will get supplies once in isolation. Remember, anyone dropping off food or other supplies should leave it on your doorstep. Do not open the door until they have left
For more practical tips: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/managing-covid-19-home
How to get food and other essential supplies while isolating
If you don't have a friend, neighbour or family member who can help deliver food and other essential items to you while you are isolating, the Victorian Government, Central Goldfields Shire Council and other organisations can help:
Emergency relief packages can be provided to you, containing basic food items essential for daily meals. To request one call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398 and select option 5 or Council on 5461 0610 and request food assistance
- Relief packages contain basic essential food and personal care items sufficient to last a four-person household for two weeks. If you have a larger household, you can request additional packs
- Nappies, baby formula, sanitary items and pet food can be provided if requested
- Other forms of relief are available if the basic food offering does not cater to your cultural or dietary needs
- Alternatively, you can search for food charities in through Ask Izzy, using your postcode or township name. Visit askizzy.org.au
Are you due for your booster?
To maintain immunity against COVID-19, get your third dose as soon as you are eligible, which is currently four months after your second dose.
Council is pleased to support Maryborough District Health Service in the re-opening of the Community Vaccination Hub.
The clinic is now administering third dose vaccinations for adults by appointment only.
To be eligible, you must be 18 years or over and have received your second dose at least four months ago.
Contact MDHS on 5461 0300 between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday to make an appointment.
The clinic will be open 9am to 3.30pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and is located inside the Community Hub at 48 Burns Street in Maryborough, near the Old Technical College.
For more information visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccine
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, you must get tested.
The Maryborough District Health Service drive through testing clinic on Florence Lane has re-opened and is operating by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
If you need a COVID-19 test, please register and make an appointment before you arrive.
Step 2 - Call us on 5461 0300 between 8.30 am and 5.00 pm to make an appointment.
Please arrive at your appointment on time. Don't forget to wear your mask and bring your Medicare card and phone for check-in.
And PLEASE patient and kind to our staff while you wait.
Operating hours may vary as activity is scaled up or down based on community demand.
Keep an eye on the MDHS Facebook page for changes.
For more information on testing, including testing locations outside of Maryborough, visit https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/where-gettested-covid-19
For more information click on the tabs below: