1,575 metres of new footpaths will be constructed in Maryborough and Dunolly during the 2021/2022 financial year.
$400,000 has been allocated to new footpaths as part of the 2021-2022 Council Budget.
The program of works has been developed from the recommended actions of the Walking and Cycling Strategy 2017 – 2026 and was endorsed by Councillors at the August Council Meeting.
The new footpath locations include:
- Bull Street from Market Street to Havelock Street – 300 metres – COMPLETE
- Market Street from Bull Street to swimming pool – 100 metres - COMPLETE
Thanks to the Federal Government's Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program the following project will also be delivered in Maryborough:
- Napier Street from Derby Road to Clark Street - 50 metres - COMPLETE
- Park Road from the Golf Course to Gardiner Street - 340 metres - Underway and due for completion in January, 2022
- Goldsmith Street from Kars Street to Inkerman Street – 230 metres - COMPLETE
- Hollyrood Street from Gladstone Street to Park Road – 450 metres - COMPLETE
- Cross Street from Burke Street to Napier Street – 105 metres - COMPLETE
The footpath along Derby Road, from Rinaldi Drive and Lean Street, will be renewed in January, 2022. The project has been funded as part of Council's Footpath Renewal program.