Major upgrade underway at Maryborough Sports and Leisure Centre
A $600,335 upgrade to the Maryborough Sports and Leisure Centre is well underway, with the gymnasium now open to a limited number of users.
The $600,335 upgrade project is well underway and on schedule with upgrades in the indoor pool area due to be complete Thursday 9 July. Improvements in the Matthew Dellavedova Stadium are expected to be finished by Friday 31 July.
The project includes:
- New toilets, showers, seating, flooring, improved ventilation, hand basins, partitioning walls, non-slip flooring and new benches to suit people within mobility issues in the male and female changerooms
- A fully accessible Changing Place with change table, toilet, shower, ceiling mounted hoist and compliant grab rails
Matthew Dellavedova Stadium
- Flooring and seating replacements
- New linemarking to complement a variety of sports
The upgrades have been made possible thanks to:
- $430,000 from the State Government’s Sport and Recreation Victoria Community Facility Funding Program
- $113,556 from the Federal Government’s Move it Australia Grant Program
- $49,878 from Council as part of the 2019/2020 Budget
- $6,901 raised through community funds at the Maryborough Sports and Leisure Centre
Council roof replacement
The Central Goldfields Shire Nolan Street building – the former School of Mines – is a Heritage Listing Building and a valuable Council owned heritage asset.
Like all buildings, upkeep is needed to ensure the building stands the test of time.
An assessment of the building two years ago identified the building needed to be water proofed, both the ceiling and the rising damp.
Works to replace the roof tiles and redirect roof stormwater is currently underway to prevent further roof leaking.
The removal of the tiles has also revealed damage to the roof trusses and work is being undertaken to replace them as part of the project.
The works are being funded by Council and delivered by BLR Provincial Construction and are expected to be complete by 30 June, 2020.