Anyone can get sick from COVID-19, but some people are more vulnerable to severe illness if they have existing health problems or are older.
We can all take steps right now to reduce the spread of COVID-19 to protect ourselves, our loved ones and the wider community.
For more information about COVID-19 visit the Coronavirus website.
Community Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) Program
Free Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) will be available for priority and high-risk community members to collect at the following locations:
You are eligible to collect RATs if you are 70 years or older, a Concession Card holder (see below) or person with a disability, immunocompromised or their carer.
People holding an eligible concession card:
• Victorian Seniors Card
• Pensioner Concession Card
• Commonwealth Senior Health Care Card
• Health Care Card
• Low Income Health Care Card
• Department of Veterans Affairs Gold, White or Orange card
Please show your concession, Seniors or disability card to staff to collect your free RATs or let them know you are 70 years or older or immunocompromised.
If you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please do not collect RATs until you are well. If you can’t get to a location, a guardian or carer can collect your free RATs for you.
The Department of Health encourages Victorians to be prepared and, if eligible, to collect RATs from Council sites when they are feeling well and keep at home until needed.
How many tests?
• Eligible people can get 5 free tests
• People with disability and their carers can get 20 free tests, in line with existing RAT distribution policy for people with disability
• Council sites currently hold only nasal tests
Wanting more information?
For additional information about the Council RAT Program visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/about-rapid-antigen-tests •