If you own or manage a dwelling that is likely to accommodate in excess of five (5) persons at any one time and if these premises are not the subject of a tenancy agreement, then these premises would be required to be registered with Central Goldfields Shire Council as a Prescribed Accommodation premises.

Prescribed accommodation premises are generally used for overnight, intermittent and/or holiday accommodation and include Bed & Breakfast's (B&B's), serviced apartments and/or houses.

The Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 provides the legal framework for the registration process while the Public Health and Wellbeing Regulations 2009 provide the legislative requirements for the establishment and registration of prescribed accommodation premises.

The Central Goldfields Shire Prescribed Accommodation Premises Fact Sheet(PDF, 200KB) has been developed to provide you with a summary of requirements and assist you in the application process. 

To register as a Prescribed Accommodation premise you will need to complete the Application for Registration - Prescribed Accommodation Form(PDF, 38KB) and return it, along with the registration fee to Council. 

An application for registration will be supplied upon inspection and registration will not be granted until all of the following conditions are complied with.

If you also sell/provide food at your prescribed accommodation premises, you are also required to be registered with Central Goldfields Shire Council. Visit the Food Premises page for more information. 

If you wish to transfer your registration to another owner you will need to complete the Application for Transfer of Registration Prescribed Accommodation Premises Form. (PDF, 42KB)

To submit plans for a Prescribed Accommodation Premises Form you will need to complete the Submitting Plans for Health or Prescribed Accommodation Form. (PDF, 43KB)

For more information and to submit your registration form/s contact the Central Goldfields Shire Environmental Health Officer on 03 5461 0647 or email.